Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gave a proposal for a job to a general contractor. He accepted my proposal. The contractor then told me I needed to make a contract for him to sign. Now, is it the contractor who is the one to make a contract approving and confirming in writing to what information I gave him in the proposal and other items that he may add on, that I agree to. I have never had this problem in all my years in the business.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
ERAM, welcome to CT, good to have you, go to the intro page and tell the guys a little about yourself and your business, also complete your profile, as for your question, a sub sends me a estimate or a proposal for a job, if i like it, we both sign it, and off we go. GMOD.

·
Registered
523 Posts
welcome to the site ... as a GC, I write the contract for my sub to sign .. guess if I were the sub and a GC offered to let me write the contract my reply would be, "Heck yeah!"

·
Starving Tile Artist
1,216 Posts
The GC may be testing your business skills with this. Write the contract! Write it fair and equitably! Make sure it is signed in RED ink. That way any judge will know if one is the original or a photocopy!

Reactions: ERam

·
Registered
254 Posts
The GC may be testing your business skills with this. Write the contract! Write it fair and equitably! Make sure it is signed in RED ink. That way any judge will know if one is the original or a photocopy!
I can't imagine a situation where it would matter if it were an original or photocopy. People sign faxes every day and those are legally binding. People even sign digital touch pads with a nylon stylus and that is legally binding.

If you ever attempt to record a document with the county recorder and it is not signed in black ink, they will reject it.

·
Starving Tile Artist
1,216 Posts
I can't imagine a situation where it would matter if it were an original or photocopy. People sign faxes every day and those are legally binding. People even sign digital touch pads with a nylon stylus and that is legally binding.

If you ever attempt to record a document with the county recorder and it is not signed in black ink, they will reject it.
The red ink clause is a pre PDA thing. I have had to use it when dealing with attorneys a few times.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts