Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cousin in Wilmington, Delaware in need of some help. It's a little too far for me, so I'm looking to CT for some assistance.

He had a flood when the water line for his ice maker broke. It flooded his kitchen and the finished basement below. He already contacted his insurance company, so this will be insurance based work. The insurance company referred a few contractors to him, but he has a lot of doubts with them. Anyone interested in this work, please contact me. By the way, this is a townhouse.

email:
[email protected]

·
Hardhead
362 Posts
400 bucks just to work in New Castle County,that isn't the License fee either! It's a surcharge.

·
Pro
681 Posts
WTF, I thought PA was bad with $50 for each town you work in.

I hope the county is huge and will keep you busy otherwise thats a big chunk-o-change for one job.
PA now has a $50 state license requirement which eliminates the local license. Not to say the local pols will not find some other way to get their hands on our $$$.

Bill

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There has to be a "True" contractor on here from DE, speak up man.
My thoughts exactly. I can't believe there is no one here from that area willing to do the work. I thought there would surely be someone on here looking for work in Delaware. He needs a legitimate contractor to do the work for him. He said the first two he spoke with sounded like crack heads that could barely form a sentence. He said the third contractor could form a sentence, but said he does this sort of thing all the time and has been in the business for two years. He felt uneasy with the whole two year thing, since it is insurance work. Any thoughts or anyone to help him out?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts