Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12,902 Posts
BuildCalc app for iPhone or Android. We're beta testing the latest version right now (v2.3), should be released in about 2 weeks.

I see Kent beat me to it.

Tom

·
Cubs Fan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the input. I am actually looking for a physical calculator, not an app. Rolling old school.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Construction Master Pro is what I use. I have the apps too, but really prefer the physical calculator for most things. Less likely to get broken.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Power one ce app. It costs $5 not $65. You always have smart phone on you Quit honestly I don't see the need for construction calculators anymore. Plus no replacing batteries

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I've always had the Construction Master IV. I'm sure there are newer and better, but it does more than I have ever needed.
Just bought the Construction Master Pro Desktop. I really like it. Of course it doesn't leave my desk, but for figuring bids it is great.
I do have an app on my phone, but I rarely use it. Old habits. My fingers can hit the buttons easier than entering measurements on the phone. I'm sure its just me.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,271 Posts
If I decided to go the phone app route, what functions do they provide that a calculator doesn't?
Nice thing about the phone app is the formulas are right there in the help section of the app, no need for the book. Although I have the physical calc. Since I know the formulas that pertain to me

·
Registered
816 Posts
jlsconstruction said:
I use a 16' and 100' for layout
I have converted to the 16' fat max for my small jobs I've been doing the past couple years. Very good tape! I just know that on the houses I used to frame I never regretted having the 35' in my bags.... I must say they were big houses and I haven't framed a small house with it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts