Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
RSI just had their free seminar to try to sell their concept last month in the Chicago area, but I can't go to morning through all day seminars becaue I take Little Eddie to Pre-School or watch him in the early am hours.

I have heard both pro and con about the organization. There was an entire thread about RSI about 2 months ago on this site.

Ed

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Yeah the last one I signed up to attend but then last minute a family commitment came up. Their whole sales pitch over the phone was "If you can't attend because you are too busy YOU NEED TO ATTEND." I am very hesitant about alot of these contractor networking groups. I think most of them are a scam and the ones that aren't a scam are over priced ( CCN ).

I am also pretty heistant of anyone who uses high pressure, especially over the phone. If your product or service requires gimicks and pressure... something must be wrong with it. No?

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
IPA HAS BEEN EXTREMELY RUDE TO ME. She said she would make me a one time offer and reduced my bill to only a half day from the day inwhich noone was present to work because I dismissed them the night before. SO NOW I AM SUPPOSED TO PAY FOR SOMEONE SERVCES WHO WASN"T PRESENT. AS the total bill no escalated to 12000 plus. not including the tax strategy plan..
THE IPA COLLECTION LADY said well thats your problem because you couldn't read. I was presented with atleast 20 plus documents and 20 more pages to initial. Yes, they were written by an Attorney. However, They held up a paper that said I could stop whenever I was dissatisfied... Conveniently they must of took that paper. It is going to be a battle because now I have to face them in Illionois. Well I hope to help all those who have been taken advantage of.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
CID,

I did a Google search for: IPA Rip off IPA Scam

and this one post seemed very informative in particular fromex-employees.
It was on page one of Google yesterday, but today it is the top one on pagew 2.

Here is the link:

http://gabriellecusumano.townhall.com/g/3d91b78f-6b34-446c-aef0-08d5a5ddcb22?comments=true

Read through all of them to see what you can accomplish and what they threaten, but do not actually do.

Ed
Awesome. Next time they call me I am loaded with ammo. Maybe I will just send them to my competitor's offices. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
dodged bullet

I have read several complaints about the agressive tactics of IPA and had just finished a meeting with one of their analyst today. Who of course wanted me to sign the deal before he left. He had a great pitch and he was very convincing making several promises. However, when I asked him to show me how the 3 to 1 return on investment ratio broke down against his payment schedule he fluttered several attemps at a bs offer.

I sensed something was not right and we as contractors know contracts right! I asked him if he was so confident that he could produce a 3 to 1 retun on investment ( 180,000.00 from 60,000.00) then why couldnt he wait till the end to get paid. Its gaurenteed, right.

I did not sign the contract and he left. After googling this company I feel that I dodged a bullet.:clap: However, while he was here he got into looking at my financials. The stories available on line have me worried that I should maybe be freezing my accounts.

Has anyone had fraud with these guys out there. Changing all your account info is a nightmare. I just reprinted checks from someone stealing my debit card info 3 months ago.

Todd
Manhattan beach California:blink:

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
I have read several complaints about the agressive tactics of IPA and had just finished a meeting with one of their analyst today. Who of course wanted me to sign the deal before he left. He had a great pitch and he was very convincing making several promises. However, when I asked him to show me how the 3 to 1 return on investment ratio broke down against his payment schedule he fluttered several attemps at a bs offer.

I sensed something was not right and we as contractors know contracts right! I asked him if he was so confident that he could produce a 3 to 1 retun on investment ( 180,000.00 from 60,000.00) then why couldnt he wait till the end to get paid. Its gaurenteed, right.

I did not sign the contract and he left. After googling this company I feel that I dodged a bullet.:clap: However, while he was here he got into looking at my financials. The stories available on line have me worried that I should maybe be freezing my accounts.

Has anyone had fraud with these guys out there. Changing all your account info is a nightmare. I just reprinted checks from someone stealing my debit card info 3 months ago.

Todd
Manhattan beach California:blink:
Thank you Indiana Jones.Been searching for this thread long?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We are a small (10+) Mechanical Contractor located in rural Virginia. Someone from IPA came into our office on Friday June 26 offering financial consulting. He waived the $300.00 fee and said someone would be by Monday the 29th to begin going over the business. (today)

I was worried from the beginning. We are a father/ son business and my father signed the "contract". A gentleman showed up this morning and began "going over" our business. By lunchtime I began to feel even more uncomfortable about this man going through our business records.

I did a quick Google search and returned 26,000+ pages of complaints about IPA. Now the consultant was still in the office not 6 feet away from where I was sitting. I told him to STOP, and what I had just found.

He told me that most of the websites were "blog & forum" posts that should not be taken seriously. So he decides to show me the BBB website. When he pulled it up on the computer they were given an "F" rating with 400+ complaints. He blamed it all on the aggressive telemarketers the company employed. I was not buying it.

He got angry and refused to leave, and WENT BACK to working on my records. He said I was not authorized to "fire" him because I did not sign the agreement (my father signed it, we are both company officers)

We argued back and forth and he just kept working. I asked him if he would hire a company with a F rating to work on his house. He had no answer.

Finally my father showed up and I told him what was going on, and he told him to leave. He explained his position again - it was all the telemaketers fault/ he was free/ our company needed him/ etc...

He left and hopefully got out before we "owed" him anything for his "free" service.

Re-cap - STAY AWAY from IPA

·
Registered
1 Posts
IPA Popkey and HCMM

I apologize if this is inappropriate for here but I seen your thread on IPA and I wanted to update it with more info.

It appears that the IPA scam is running as HCMM from Ohio now. HCMM stands for Huntington Copper Moody Maguire but most of those names are made up (sound familiar?). And guess who is running the Ohio opperation?...IPAs 'little darling' Rob Popkey!

So does IPA (HCMM) have to change names and even states to continue to run their scam? I would think that would work much better if one of the key IPA people wasn't in charge!

Buyer Beware!

PS - Other businesses have complained about their telemarketing practice here:

800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-916-724-2643

21 - 36 of 36 Posts