Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,
so most of you know that i am over here in the sand box doing a job for uncle sam. good news is i have about 20 days left and i get to go home. can't wait.:w00t: bad news is actually for my replacement because he has to be here for the opening of this place.

my question is i have two different contractors in the building doing comm install. one of the teams is going a little slow due to reasons he can't control. i have the two different contractors seperated in the building for ease of knowing who is responcible for what fiber optic cable and to eliminate any fights. the problum i for see is that my leadership will decide that it is taking to long with the compressed schedule that we are working with here and try to mearge the contractor teams in one area. which there is nothing in there contract that says you can't do that but than who is responcible for what cable. any thoughts?

·
General Contractor
8,111 Posts
If they're working on the same building already what seems to be the problem? You know what part of the building each crew is working on and responsible for, leave it there way it is. They will have to bring the wiring to the same place anyway, no? Worst case scenario have them mark end of the cable, which crew pulled what cable, same way as installers mark speaker wires and alarms. This way you know who did what.

hey,
so most of you know that i am over here in the sand box doing a job for uncle sam. good news is i have about 20 days left and i get to go home. can't wait.:w00t: bad news is actually for my replacement because he has to be here for the opening of this place.

my question is i have two different contractors in the building doing comm install. one of the teams is going a little slow due to reasons he can't control. i have the two different contractors seperated in the building for ease of knowing who is responcible for what fiber optic cable and to eliminate any fights. the problum i for see is that my leadership will decide that it is taking to long with the compressed schedule that we are working with here and try to mearge the contractor teams in one area. which there is nothing in there contract that says you can't do that but than who is responcible for what cable. any thoughts?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.