Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
GC/carpenter
40,510 Posts
All jobs I bid are only for the material it took do their job. Any thing else is not theirs. I've had customers say leftover stuff belongs to me doesn't it? I tell them no I only charged you for the materials that it took to complete the project. I will take it back for credit or shelf it. Now I always leave customers paint just in case they may need to touch something up in the future.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
What inner10 said in the contract...then I'd say also manage the customer's thinking / outlook

When that sort of thing comes up or worried about a customer...

"I buy extra material over what's in the bid, just in case I make an error and need a few more pieces. Nothing worse than having to go get more when your almost done. OR I have a better selection of "GOOD" pieces to work with, so your end result is better. OR IF I ordered exact and needed more, the delivery fee will cost me more than the order".... LOL All the reasons you actually order 'more' than the typical 10% waste kind of thinking. Had that happen a lot over the years.

The extra material are on my dime, my expense, coming out of my overhead, my problem - non of your concern Mr Customer, thanks for your interest tho.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts