Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to order from Builder's Book Inc. They offer a CD/Rom with what are supposedly up to date California contractor forms. Anyone ever use them or have any other suggestions? I'm not about to even try & create my own...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Getting ready to order from Builder's Book Inc. They offer a CD/Rom with what are supposedly up to date California contractor forms. Anyone ever use them or have any other suggestions? I'm not about to even try & create my own...
Never heard of it.
I'm not sure what the link is but if you go to a thread I started called "need help writing contract", some good patron posted a link in there that was pretty helpful to me as far as contracts go. Good luck shifting through all the bs(some of it being mine).

I noticed your info said patiently awaiting a license. What's the hold up (if you don't mind my asking)?

·
Designer/Contractor
5,308 Posts
Craftsman books has an interactive contract writer that looks like it might be a good deal. I'm thinking of getting it and from what I've seen it really seems to kick butt. If you google Craftsman books it will come right up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never heard of it.
I'm not sure what the link is but if you go to a thread I started called "need help writing contract", some good patron posted a link in there that was pretty helpful to me as far as contracts go. Good luck shifting through all the bs(some of it being mine).

I noticed your info said patiently awaiting a license. What's the hold up (if you don't mind my asking)?
My application was red flagged since some of my more recent experience was done to my own property and it had to be investigated to the core. I got a call from the licensing board though yesterday. They said it all checked out and I should get my number in a week or two, the wait has been killing me. It's been almost 4 months since I first mailed in my application.

Craftsman books has an interactive contract writer that looks like it might be a good deal. I'm thinking of getting it and from what I've seen it really seems to kick butt. If you google Craftsman books it will come right up.
Thanks, will check it out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts