Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Anyone have any experiences with UDA contracts? They have a product called UDA Contracts 2004 for $199.00, you get all the contracts listed here:

http://www.uniteddesign.com/cos_contractlist.html as well as some more that are specific to whatever type of work you are doing such as remodelling.

Seems like as in everything you do, I would probably end up using 5 of the contracts all the time and never touch the rest. I guess you can purchase individual contracts for about $20 each.

I also found this which seems to be a bargain at $12.95. 20 contracts and essential forms.

http://store.yahoo.com/contractorslibrary/cofopa.html

·
Back from the dead...
6,646 Posts
Mike, I actually made all my own. After years of using pre-made ones that lacked specific things I wanted, I put one together for myself. Its made from a WORD document, and I use it as a template. I have about forty pre-written paragraphs for all types of situations. Now when I do an estimate, all I have to do is copy/paste specific paragraphs into the contract, such as 'prep will consist of.....', layout and install XX single rolls of wallcovering provided by....', etc. etc. Then I fill in the customers name and price, click file, save as, (customers name), put in a folder called 'pending contracts, print it out, and close the template. Now I have a hard copy and a file saved on my laptop. Saves a ton of time and paperwork. I tell my customers I prefer email as communication, so I email the contract and it saves the travel time too. It cost me $50 for my lawyer to check it out to see if it would stand up in court, he said its fine. If you want to see it, let me know, I'll email you a copy. I also have one-page contracts for small jobs, proposals, and invoices the same way.

I forgot to say I also have pre-written list of terms and conditions, so if the customer/contractor appears shady in any way, I can tighten up the payment details and add stipulations to cover my a$$.

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
Mike,
I had an old version of the UDA Contracts. The ones I have are editable - they were distributed in rich text format (Word). They aren't bad but, as you stated, they cover all facets of construction if you buy the full package. The full package is more geared towards the GC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts