Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
A couple of guys come to mind also.

But can we live with them if they win the nail gun trophy?:rolleyes:

That is the question you should have asked yourself before posting this, Neo.

You are our wise elder so I will assume you thought this through.:whistling

Actually, I am already rooting for my boy. God knows he has the pictures.:laughing:
Warren has a shot too. Let the best nail bender win.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
According to contest rules, July 15 was the deadline to get your SASE submitted.. I posted up anyway.:whistling

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to contest rules, July 15 was the deadline to get your SASE submitted.. I posted up anyway.:whistling
Ooops, I really need to clean out
my mail box more often. :whistling

·
Super Moderator
10,674 Posts
I have same problem Clem. Not to mention photography is not my strong suit.
This house we framed in 05. Pics do not do it justice. The two connecting "wings" of the house are actually curved. Architect had the called out as stick framed, which would have been a real pain. ridge board would have to have been radiused. Trusses were made which were all the same but had to be spaced perfectly.The main roof was a 16/12 pitch with a 10/12 kickout at the bottom.

Attachments

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Ooops, I really need to clean out
my mail box more often. :whistling
Oh, well, my bad, that SASE was to receive a winners list. Sorry for the mis information.:thumbsup:

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Gus do you think I can enter my retaining Wall? :blink:
I'm sure you can. Lets see what happens.
Nothing ventured nothing gained.

You don't have a hair on the arse if you don't.:laughing:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. Entries for “Fine Homebuilding’s Show Us Your Hips, Valleys, and Dormers" Contest (Roof Framing Photo Contest) will be accepted during the period beginning at 12:01 p.m. ET on August 4, 2009 and ending at 11:59 p.m. ET on September 3, 2009 (the “Contest Entry Period”). All entries must be received during the Contest Entry Period. The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States and Canada (except Quebec), who are at least 18 years old. Contest void where prohibited.

I might be missing something in this thread, but looks to me like you can enter all month.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I read the rules and I'm not sure I want to enter. Here is the sentence that I don't like

"All entries become the property of the Sponsor and may be published in any media and in any format at any time they wish in perpetuity."

So would I get in trouble for using the same images in advertising? If so, then I'm not going to enter.

Any thoughts?

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I read the rules and I'm not sure I want to enter. Here is the sentence that I don't like

"All entries become the property of the Sponsor and may be published in any media and in any format at any time they wish in perpetuity."

So would I get in trouble for using the same images in advertising? If so, then I'm not going to enter.

Any thoughts?
I doubt it, but I'm no lawyer. :laughing:

You ore one of the guys I had in mind
when I posted. :thumbsup:

·
Sean
5,533 Posts

Any thoughts?
Generally no - you own the originals & they will state that the photo you sent in was taken by you (a quick email to them would clear it up... just make sure you save it :shifty:)

Oh I am also not a lawyer & I haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn Express for years, so take it for what it's worth

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Warren is officially in the mix over there.:clap:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thanks Neo. I really do appreciate it. It has been slow and looking through framing pictures makes me want to get out and frame real bad.
No Kidding. I Have to confess Tim, luckily things have picked up again, but back in the dark winter of no framing I kept coming on here and looking at your framing pictures. I then had to resort to sitting in my shop and looking at my tools. Its been a tough year.

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Warren is officially in the mix over there.:clap:
You have nothing to worry about. He is nothing but a Domey.:laughing:

Just between me and you, that dome is pretty cool.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts