Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a contractor/ owner contract, lien release forms, and subcontractor contracts for my school project. I have looked on the internet for forms and contracts and they are all around 100 bucks. Since this is only a project and not my company I cant afford to drop 1000 + dollars on these contracts. Is there any one who can share some of these or who knows of a site with more reasonably priced contracts. I am desperate. Thank you all very much. Chris

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Call the American Institute of Architects at 800-AIA-3837. Explain to them what you are doing and ask if they will please e-mail you a complimentary SAMPLE FORM of their documents A101, A201, A401, G702, G703, G706 and G706A. It's a lot to send by fax so e-mail is your best bet. Good luck. Oh - if the national office won't help ask them to give you the phone # for your local office. They might be inclined to help and you might find that it's located coveniently enough that you can just run by and pick them up in person.

·
Professional Tradesman
307 Posts
cpdatlanta said:
I am in need of a contractor/ owner contract, lien release forms, and subcontractor contracts for my school project. I have looked on the internet for forms and contracts and they are all around 100 bucks. Since this is only a project and not my company I cant afford to drop 1000 + dollars on these contracts. Is there any one who can share some of these or who knows of a site with more reasonably priced contracts. I am desperate. Thank you all very much. Chris
CPD,
For lien releases , I have never offered a release until they requested one, but the usual procedure is for the customer to issue a check and release / partial release before handing the check over.
Also , I can attach a contract I use but youd want to modify it to your business type. Its in MS Word format so easily changable. Good luck....

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the responses and file. This really helps me out alot.
GPI said:
CPD,
For lien releases , I have never offered a release until they requested one, but the usual procedure is for the customer to issue a check and release / partial release before handing the check over.
Also , I can attach a contract I use but youd want to modify it to your business type. Its in MS Word format so easily changable. Good luck....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Theres two places I would suggest you look into. A) www.office.microsoft.com click on the templates on the left and see if there anything that can help you. B) go to your local office max store. I purchased a cd there that contains templates for change oders, estimates, contractor agreement, contractor invoices, daily construction reports and more.
Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts