Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
spazman
Flooring
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not very familiar with congoleum airstep. I have a large kitchen, dining room, laundry and bath that the customer wants this product installed in. There is a vinyl floor down now that is in great shape and the embossing isn't deep. My question is would it be wise to loose lay it? The salesman says that is the only way his installers do it only using adhesive on the seams and never have any problems. Anytime that I have loose layed vinyl like a flexitec I have had trouble. The salesman also said that it could be perimeter glued. Just wondering if any of you work with this product a lot and what you would recommend. Thanks

·
Registered
810 Posts
Airstep is certainly heavy enough to loose lay, but I won't do it. For about a quarter a yard, you can skim it with Plani, put a fan on it, and be ready to glue by the time you have your stuff cleaned up.

I really like Airstep aside from having to carry it. It's really an over-engineered knock off of Armstrong's Stratamax. Not a true vinyl backed product. It's super heavy stuff backed with their white shield and then encapsulated with vinyl. Lots of movement in the pattern, so a little bug under it isn't going to kill you.

I'd rather have ps glue under it, though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts