Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to make a 3500 sq ft slab perfectly flat without any hills or valleys whatsoever. It has already been poured. This will be used by a pro bmx bike rider so it can not be wavy but the current slab is wavy. Is there any product that can be poured over the existing concrete slab to even it out so that the finish is PERFECTLY flat.
Any suggestions would be appreciated! This is the 3rd attempt at pouring at flat slab so it can not be re-poured. From end to end it is flat but it has waves.

·
Registered
365 Posts
scflowstyle said:
Any suggestions would be appreciated! This is the 3rd attempt at pouring at flat slab so it can not be re-poured. From end to end it is flat but it has waves.
So just how deep (high) are these hills and valleys??

You might be able to flatten it with some slc (self leveling compound), but not if there are extreme changes.

By the way, I'm not sure that I've ever seen a perfectly flat slab--I'm thinking that would really be rare.
JVC

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I'm a little befuddled why a BMX rider is concerned about a slab but that was not the question.
Old guys used to be able to put down a pretty flat slab. I guess that this is a lost art. As jvc said, there are self leveling compounds, price will go up with accuracy.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I dont really deal with slabs on concrete, but I would say if the hills and valleys arent very extreme and are just little pockets, I would think full flex would work. It's relatively cheap and you just add water and mix like plaster. It sets up solid and wont go anywhere for a long time. And dont BMX guys learn how to do that stuff in parking lots anyway. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts