Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hope someone out there can help me, I have to bid on taking out a concrete driveway 4" thick with rebar and hauling away, will not have to haul any rock or sand in, someone told me to charge the same as forming and pouring the concrete. would this be about right? or is there a charge for so much a yard? I never done this befor, so would like your input. thank you

·
Registered
105 Posts
The price you quote will have to suit your circumstances, there is no fixed price. If you intend removing the concrete with an sds drill set to chisel, you need to set a price to cover the ten weeks it would take you. If however you intend to roll in with a mini equipped with a hammer and have the job done in four hours, that would be another price. How will you do the job, what will doing the job cost you, what will your overhead be for the time and labour involved, what will the disposal of spoils cost and what will haulage cost you. if you work that out, add in a decent profit margin for your time and effort, you will arrive at a price. Or else you could pluck a price out of thin air, submit it and pray. and if its rotten with rebar, it may not go quietly, so allow for that also. J

·
Registered
2 Posts
Concrete

hope someone out there can help me, I have to bid on taking out a concrete driveway 4" thick with rebar and hauling away, will not have to haul any rock or sand in, someone told me to charge the same as forming and pouring the concrete. would this be about right? or is there a charge for so much a yard? I never done this befor, so would like your input. thank you
Hi Buddy, for this job you should sub contract this job before it costs you money by giving a wrong price. email me [email protected] for some options

·
Registered
408 Posts
Well, if your up for doing it for free, ill give you the removal, with an option to form and pour the new slab. The option is if I want you to do the easy work or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For pouring basic broom finish concrete with rebar and base rock I charge about $6.50 ish to $7 a sq foot of 4", I would charge about $2 a sq foot to take it out with a bobcat. (in California)

Make sure where ever you plan on taking the broken up concrete will take concrete with rebar and if they do at what price, if not you have to either facto in the higher price or the time to remove the steel from the concrete.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts