Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I install interlocking paver driveways we usually include the demo in the price of the driveway. My sub charges $3.80 to tear out concrete excavate dirt haul in recycled concrete(flex base) and sand then install the pavers on top. If the job is already excavated they charge $3.30-$3.00. The prices go down as square footage goes up the price show is for under 1000sqft 3.50 for 1001 to 2000 and 3.30 for 2000 and up. I wouldnt do the demo for any less that $0.75 to $0.80 but if you have to haul in any type of base material to build it back up then you will need to figure that into your price too. I live in Texas and I know from talking with fellow paver installers in Florida we can not compete with their prices so mine might be off a bit and we do not have to pay a dump fee for concrete it is recycled and you just purchase the base material right there so using your own dump is benificial for that purpose.

Forgot to mention we use skidsteers with pallet forks on them to rip up the concrete just get started at one of the expansion joints and go at it. You might also want to think about adding a rebar clause to your contract incase you get in a drive with rebar. We have only had a few drives with rebar in it but it takes a lot longer to fight through it and cut them all.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.