Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tackled a stone job a couple days back and now the customer wants some concrete removed and replaced in his driveway. I'm going to sub this out, but was wondering what to expect for pricing.

The area to be done is about 7.5 yards(590 square feet).

I live in Minnesota.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
i tackled a stone job a couple days back and now the customer wants some concrete removed and replaced in his driveway. I'm going to sub this out, but was wondering what to expect for pricing.

The area to be done is about 7.5 yards(590 square feet).

I live in minnesota.

Thanks for any input.
7.00 per square foot is what i do it for in sc normally

·
Registered
238 Posts
$7sqft is a good average #. There are some variables involved. I'd be glad to give you a quote for the job.:whistling

I live in Princeton, MN. Give me a call, 763-607-6197.

·
Gumby
112 Posts
Here is what I would charge you.

Dumpster 20 yd= $225.00 it would be 1/2 full
Jack hammer $80 rental for day
BobCat or backhoe with forks $350.00 delivered and picked up
Labor 350
Demo = 1000.00

New crete 7.5 yards delivered=$850.00 3000 psi
labor forms, overhead etc $2100
total= 2950.00

$3950/590 sq ft=6.69/ sq ft

Concrete buggy if needed add $150.00
Line Pump if needed add $350.00
Stone or dirt would be extra also.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
You can't get away with 3000 psi for a driveway in MN. You may not even get anyone to deliver it. Depending where you are and who you deal with it, you might get it but don't expect a guarantee or anyone to stand behind it. The norm is 4000 psi (min) and 5% air entrainment and 3-4" slump if you plan to stand behind it give some sort of guarantee.

If you have the right supplier, you might be able to get a concrete truck with a pump on it, but it takes some planning and arrangements, especially late in the outdoor construction year. - Especially since it is only 7.5 yards.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Hmm, at $7/SF or $6.70/SF are your guys working for Attaboys?
Nope....just use our track hoe and dump truck and removal is quick and painless. Actually i lose a lot of bids to the attaboyr cause i'm too expensive around here. It's just a driveway after all...

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
you guys are giving it away! $15 sq foot minimum around here. Unless you employ illegals.
I could charge 15 dollars a square foot all day long but never get any work around here. I can't even get that most times for stamped concrete.
Now pavers thats a different story.

Reactions: DJ9222
1 - 10 of 10 Posts