Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some insight on how to go about quoting a job I was asked to look at. A local company that I do work for just purchased a 30,000 square foot building. They are interested in having my company clean the concrete flooring, but I have no idea how to go about quoting a job of this size. Any insight on how to go about figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I am looking for some insight on how to go about quoting a job I was asked to look at. A local company that I do work for just purchased a 30,000 square foot building. They are interested in having my company clean the concrete flooring, but I have no idea how to go about quoting a job of this size. Any insight on how to go about figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.
ptstate.com hang around there.. its a major PW board.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You to find out first how dirty the surface is, will you be using chemical and butyl cleaners or hot water alone? then you can figure your price, Are you reclaiming?

I would charge about .07 cents a sq/ft 30,000 sq/ft would run about 2100 take a day and half with the right equipment, that price is without reclaim. reclaim would run about .10 - .12

·
Registered
153 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but he did say "concrete flooring" which to me means inside the building. Lots more to consider. Is there sheetrock? floor drains? you need to see the site and post some pics.

If that is the job scope, it is an entirely different ball game, Many more variables to consider.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts