Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Concrete Bartops

11K views 37 replies 20 participants last post by  6stringmason 
#1 ·
Well heres a pics in progress post. We started the tops on Monday. All pour in place, all monolithic pours. Zero seams. All have a built in drink tray on servers side.
The first on is dark charcoal and 42' from end to end.

Heres the mixer after the first days pour. He started out as a white boy.

Then the second bar which was 35' and a paprika red color.

And the last one is 33' and dark charcoal again.

Im fixing the sides on this one. Taking some cream from the top and slurrying in the bugholes on the sides with my margin trowel.

See less See more
#2 ·
That is really neat. What process do you use to make the top perfectly level? Or should I say nice and smooth like a laminet or marble top would be? And what topcoat will be applied?

Educate me.

#3 ·
Thats really neat, I've been thinking of doing concrete in my own house. The possibilities are endless and you come up with a unique look everytime.

I see you've got some steel wire reinforcing it, did you put rebar around the outside edge or anything else to add to its streghth? How many PSI is the concrete?

#5 ·
The pics show it all before its been hard troweled. I still have grinding and polishing to do.

The tops will never be smooth like granite or laminate, not in a pour in place anyway. Thats why you go with concrete, because its not granite or laminate.

It will have an epoxy type sealer, and the concrete will be about 5500-6500 psi.

#10 ·
Step away from the camera......:laughing: Really interesting process, love to see the final product

#25 ·
So the next time I get drunk and slam my head down on the bar I'll have you to thank for the concussion.At least I'd have the opportunity to enjoy your work up close. The pictures (Leos) look good. The videos are a great idea. You've come far. Nice work.

#26 ·
You made me snort out a good laugh.:laughing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.