Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a customer who has a bar with a concrete bar top.
the poly finish is chipping and he wants me to refinish it for him.
It there an effective way to remove the old finish, it's about 1/16 thick, and acid washed.
surface Grinder?
chemicals?
Gasoline and a match?
also they want it re-coated with another poly mix.
any suggestions for a thick glossy coat, that cures fast

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whats the time requirement on that type of product, also they want it re-coated with another poly mix.
any suggestions for a thick glossy coat, that cures fast.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Whats the time requirement on that type of product, also they want it re-coated with another poly mix.
any suggestions for a thick glossy coat, that cures fast.

Apply a fairly thick coat, let sit for 20-30 minutes, use plastic scrapers to remove, 2nd or 3rd application may be required, wash down with soap and water. You are describing epoxy coating, we dont use much epoxy. Speak to the guys at sealant depot, they can advise you on coatings. GMOD

·
I like Green things
23,069 Posts
With Soy-Gel, just leave it on longer, you are wasting material by doing multiple aplications.

If you have to leave it on over night, it will not hurt anything. You may have to cover it with a damp cheese clothe or something.

The onyl think it will not remove is: Milkpaint. No chemical will remove it.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
With Soy-Gel, just leave it on longer, you are wasting material by doing multiple aplications.

If you have to leave it on over night, it will not hurt anything.

Overnight is good, but most of the jobs we have done needed to be turned over quicker, finished kitchens with families who did not want there kitchens left upsidedown overnight. The mat is cheap enough, you can remove, and recoat, in the same day, GMOD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts