Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with this system?

We used it today for the first time one 1 Window, not too sure if we are impressed with it yet. It does require shimming and causes somewhat large gaps because of the shimming.

Some areas still are wobbibly.... i'll probably end up have to put a face nail and touch up in a few spots to keep it in place.

House has replacements windows on some areas and new construction on others.

Any opinions on the system?

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love the hidden fastener system. Are you using one on each end and one ever 16" or so on the sides of the trim boards? When you say large gaps, where do you mean? We usually have to shim to get the gaps to go away, and to get the boards even.
correct, that system.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Trim after siding

Hey guys, glad someone mentioned Hardie Trim as the development I recently moved into has it installed on the building. My girlfriend bought this townhouse in their first phase.

Among a lot of issues I see (I already brought up a few to inspectors before they gave occupancy), the one I think I will mention is that the Hardie trim was installed on top of the Hardie siding. This is in direct conflict with the manufacturer's installation guidelines.

I tried emailing a local rep but have received no response. Anyone talk to any reps about being allowed to install it contrary to installation's instructions?

·
Registered
571 Posts
very easy to make and i have before.
but i am told that it must be a JH product used if yo ever need warranty..
i dont see it being a issue

·
Registered
571 Posts
and my point was your drilling and painting when we are talking about avoiding any exposed nails...
hence you are soooo 1990s duhhh

1 - 20 of 24 Posts