Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Trial and Error Opperator
2,018 Posts
The little piston that hooks to the throttle is like a governor, the air psi pulls it open to up the compressor or let It idle down, if it's not adjusted right it could let the RPM's go to low and die

Also, the compressor might have a bad safety switch like oil psi, air temp, low voltage etc... Solenoids need enough amps to keep them open to allow it to run. Could be a bad one in there
Easy way to check those it to jump the wire across. Do one at a time and see if it stays running. Just have someone watch to make sure it doesn't over heat or something just in case it's working for a reason..

I rented a 375 a while back, ran grate for 2 hours and shut down with no signs of problems?
Turned out to be a safety switch on the oil psi

·
Trial and Error Opperator
2,018 Posts
ahuggins6 said:
The throttle control cylinder is working just as it should. I even took it loose from the pump throttle arm and operated the machine by hand. Same results. It might be an electrical issue, but I've read so many threads where people deal with the same type issue, but they never come back and tell how they fixed the problem... I guess in the long run, that's all I want to here--how did someone fix this problem?
I've had old LeRoi's and Ingersoll rands
Not to familiar with the Sullivan's
My old LeRoi's used to do that when Idling down and stall, turned out to be loose wires but they were 1987 and old, my new IR had so many electric modules it's crazy, even if my battery goes below charging 12v it screws with them.
Shutting it off. (And yes it was the alt)

Plugged air cleaners, diesel filters and radiators will cause havac to.

It's one of those things ... Keep tiring things till you find it

Ps on the 375 unit I rented, the over heat shut off was bad, would run 1 to 3 hours and shut the compressor down. ( gauge said it wasn't over heated) so it was hard to figure out, I keeped jumping the wires on the safety **** offs till it worked. The guy at the rental offered me a job after Lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts