Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble maintaining good pressure while I'm blasting. I have a Sullivan 210 compressor. I can get 150psi at the pot but when I start blasting its dropping down to around 100-110. Any suggestions on what may be my problem? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
What size air delivery hose do you have? What size blast hose? And what size nozzle are you running?

·
Glen
1,504 Posts
You know, I had this exact trouble a short while back. I even lost some cash to a shop down the road to see what was wrong with my Airman. Turned out it was just a small hole in the bottom of a plumbing connection in my push line. One new five dollar part latter and it worked perfectly. I can just kick my self for not inspecting everything before I lost a couple hundred to the repair shop.

·
Trial and Error Opperator
2,018 Posts
If it was running up to par when you got it or weeks sgo,
And It Started Doing This ...
I'd change your fuel filters, should be 2 of them.
1st is usally the big one with a water tap on bottom, the the second
One is usally smaller.
Mine just did the same, keep ed just enough psi to blast but the motor
Just wouldn't kick up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar problem though far more severe. It would stay at a 120 until you started blasting and it would drop to below 50. My problem ended up being the recirc valve or the regulator. We replaced both at the same time since we were hurting with our compressor down. But we rebuilt the recirc and replaced the regulator. Runs like a champ.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts