Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I am looking at getting the Senco SN902XP Lightweight framing nailer for the Rolair compressor. Is this a good nailer? and could it use 20 degree paper tape nails?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I am looking at getting the Senco SN902XP Lightweight framing nailer for the Rolair compressor. Is this a good nailer? and could it use 20 degree paper tape nails?
I don't have any experience with that gun. I'd personally be a bit leery of Senco these days. They're not producing tools of excellent quality across the board like they did 10 or so years ago.

I know a lot of guys here swear by the Hitachi FRH framer. I'd look at that, a Max, or a Duo-Fast if it were me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I read a review in JLC a while ago about that senco and the reviewer didnt feel it would stand up to professional use.

That said I just bought a max 28 degree framing gun and love it. Would recommend either the max or a paslode stick gun

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I read a review in JLC a while ago about that senco and the reviewer didnt feel it would stand up to professional use.

That said I just bought a max 28 degree framing gun and love it. Would recommend either the max or a paslode stick gun
We have a few of the Paslode framers & they're workhorses. Can't go wrong with Paslode. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, they don't make a FRH gun - that's left to Duo-Fast, their sister company. They're a good bet as well, in my experience.

I should add that the Paslode guns do take offset FRH nails - & no plastic shrapnel!

·
Registered
33 Posts
We have a few of the Paslode framers & they're workhorses. Can't go wrong with Paslode. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, they don't make a FRH gun - that's left to Duo-Fast, their sister company. They're a good bet as well, in my experience.

I should add that the Paslode guns do take offset FRH nails - & no plastic shrapnel!
Thats partly why I went with the 28 degree. I hate the plastic bits shooting all over the place.

Just one more thing to cleanup:censored:. As for the nails I haven't found a place that actually sells the clipped head paslode nails, they all sell the offset FRH.

The same for the 28 degrees.

·
Finish Carpenter
4,999 Posts
yeah, all the paslode brand nails I run into are offset FRH, but you can buy Grip-Rite and what not with clipped head still. I fire all sorts of brands through my Paslode PF350. As long as its about the 30-33 degree collation with paper tape your good to go.

·
Design Build
4,075 Posts
The Rolair's that are belt drive are US made...but now you're talking $800 and up wheelbarrow style.

·
PCI
649 Posts
My biggest problem with my rigid 5gal is that it blows the breaker on half of the jobs I used it outside with owner not home And no access to the service panel

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have one of the Max 28 deg. guns and like it alot , uses the bostich stick nails as well, and will probably get another as my aging Senco is definitely heavier (700Xp) and obsolete now.... I was just looking at the Makita 5200, any thoughts on that one ?

M.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
CJ21 said:
Ok, thats alright most tools are made overseas anyway.
If you guys want a great compressor made in USA check out quincy compessors. They make a few small portable models. We have a 80 gal in the shop that is amazing. They are top line but reasonable price.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts