Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking get a Paslode F350 framing nailer or maybe the Paslode Coil Framing Nailer, but I need a lightweight compressor for framing and maybe roofing.

·
Super Moderator
10,454 Posts
CJ:

If you will only be running one gun, a cheap ($100) compressor will do just fine usually. I have a couple little ones that we use for light framing/remodels. I have a Husky, Ridgid and Bostich. Husky was cheapest at $99, but has worked well for two years.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hardly Working said:
Are you going to be working for yourself or a contractor? If your going to work for someone else consider the stick nailer over the coil.
Is there any advantage between the two? Stick vs coil?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Is there any advantage between the two? Stick vs coil?
Stick = less nail capacity, longer magazine, but narrower & usually lighter than a coil gun.

Coil = 2-3x the nail capacity (less reloading), heavier (due to more nails), & bulkier than a stick framer.

You should also consider availability of nails for either gun. Some types of coil nails are harder to come by around here without special ordering them.

We have both, but my preference is to use stick guns for framing & coil guns for sheathing, siding, & exterior trim.

·
Registered
11,192 Posts

I use this one, it can't do 4 guns like my gas Rol Air but this thing can do 2 guns easy and is very mobile for trim jobs too.

Plus its quiet, I would get another in a heart beat.

·
Design Build
4,101 Posts
Look at Rolair VT20 or VT25BIG

They are under $400 and splash oiled direct drive. They also have S1 100% duty cycle motors.....they are warranted to run continuously for the warranty period.

Reactions: CJ21 and GRB

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts