- Fiberon
- Evergrain

product?

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,230 Posts
TomTomTom19 said:
If you were building a composite deck on your home are you using a: - Trex - Timber Tech - Azek - Fiberon - Evergrain product?
This could get toxic!

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,230 Posts
I sell approximately 250,000 dollars worth of Trex Transcends a year and I haven't had one complaint. Rails included.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,230 Posts
Absolutely not, it's a very legitimate question, it gets asked often. There's a lot of ***** slapping that goes on because of differences in opinion. But it makes for very colorful threads, to say the least. :laughing:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i sell Timber Tech Terrain to the price sensitive, not color sensitive customers. On my jobs I have to lug more stuff around I try and push AZEK because its lighter, lol. I also consider going Genovations at times, I never like gorilla decking, but I have samples.

For new construction we use TT reliaboard because its rock bottom price

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,230 Posts
I sell Trex because it's what my customers ask for, I've tried selling them other stuff but it's like trying to sell a samsung to an apple customer, even though it's better they are dead set on Apple.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hear you brother. I have some old Trex home show displays I could fly over to you hahaha. Its a great grain and have, what? 7 colors. Its what we used to push

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,230 Posts
RobertCDF said:
Actually that's incorrect... those posts will last over 25 years and even then it's pretty easy to replace posts, I think you know that though.
I know I'm just giving you chit.

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
5,770 Posts
That's a mighty big if in some of our cases but, if I had to choose between those on your list it would be the fiberon because it looks the best. The only other of the list I would consider would be timbertech.

·
Talking Head
5,388 Posts
Anyone else notice that Robert has a tv up and the decking down before there are even shingles on the roof?

If I were doing it for myself then I'd probably use Fiberon Pro-Tect in chestnut because I like the Fiberon but I'm pretty poor. Azek railings.

I completely agree about the futility of trying to convert a customer sold on Trex to any other brand. Why bother? Sign the contract. Except for the rails. They look and feel like plastic to me.:no:

1 - 20 of 90 Posts