Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I was just hoping to get a feel for what an average competitive hourly rate would be for gardening work. I think I have a pretty good grasp on what a fair rate is for landscaping jobs but I was wondering if there is a difference if the job is more of a weekly maintenance job that requires less planning / strategizing on my part (In other words there would be less time that I would be putting in off the clock).

The homeowner would like me to work about 4 to 6 hours per week and take care of duties such as weeding, weekly lawn mowing, diagnosing and treating plant issues such as insect damage, etc., professional pruning of the many shrubs and perennials, mulching once a year, leaf removal in the fall, fertilizing, and some planting of new shrubs/perennials as needed.

Also, I am based out of Ohio, and I would be using all of my own tools/machinery, although mostly it would just be a mower, hand tools and perhaps occasionally a rototiller.

So far, I have been charging clients $40 per hour for these services but I was just curious if this seems too high or too low and what others would charge for these kinds of services. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, and I forgot to add that I do have about 10 years of experience in the horticulture field, and that I would be doing the work myself at the clients house, so it wouldn't be an issue of just sending a less-experienced employee out to do the work. Thanks!

·
Project Manager
2,642 Posts
Jared - there is an intro section on here - post your intro there, including location, etc, etc.

As for your question...pricing or how much questions are frowned upon around here....

Pricing is subjective to experience, materials, where everyone is located, etc...so it's next to impossible to get an accurate answer to your question, regardless of the fact that most contractors probably don't want to post how much they charge on a forum where customers can possibly see it...

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
:wallbash::cursing::eek: WTF...This is a professional site...correct? Gardening? Are you Fiuwiw& serious????BOB WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU FOR THIS ONE>!!?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.