Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

161 - 176 of 176 Posts

·
Administrator
Community Manager
5,035 Posts

Take a moment to browse through our Community FAQs and let us know if you have any questions.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
18,771 Posts
For sections of the community that have special importance to you, go to the forum section and click "Follow Forum".

You will see a list of options open for your preferences. Add a checkmark to your preferred options. Click Follow at the bottom.

Your Followed Forums will display at the top of the full Forum Listing page.

Thanks. It takes a little getting used to as I never followed anything or opted for any notifications in the old forum.
I just thought it made more sense to put a popular section further up the ladder.
No big deal.

Reactions: Cricket

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
We don't have a built-in spell check in the forum software. I am using the same version of iOS. Which browser are you using?
safari.

I know you don’t have spell check but the whole keyboard doesn’t function as well here as literally every other place I use it.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
5,035 Posts
safari.

I know you don’t have spell check but the whole keyboard doesn’t function as well here as literally every other place I use it.

Is your Safari browser fully updated? Have you checked your settings?

This sounds browser related to me because my keyboards work exactly as they did before.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
18,771 Posts
Thanks. It takes a little getting used to as I never followed anything or opted for any notifications in the old forum.
I just thought it made more sense to put a popular section further up the ladder.
No big deal.

And there it is! Off Topic at the top of the Forums List.
Cool. Thanks!

Reactions: Cricket

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
4,988 Posts
I do I go about putting my old avatar pic back up on the new forum? I know it disappeared with the site change but Tjeb found it on the wayback site so I have it.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
5,035 Posts
How To Change/Update Avatar

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “account settings” from the drop-down menu.

That will bring you to the account details page.

Once you click on your avatar, then click to choose your file.

Make sure to click “okay” afterward.

·
Shingler extraordinaire
9,371 Posts
The ignore function sucks. Doesn't do any good to place another member on ignore however get notified as they quote my post.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Radical Basement Dweller
18,771 Posts
The picture posting change is the greatest thing about the new forum.
Now, there is no need to transfer pictures from the camera to your PC and then make sure they were sized right. You could probably do that before and I never figured it out.

Now, the software recognizes what platform you are using and just grabs your selected picture and uploads it...no muss, no fuss. I love it!!

So lads, no more excuses that your phone doesn't work with CT. Nor more excuses that you don't have time to transfer and size pictures. No more excuses that you don't want to bother a 3rd party to post pictures for you.

Now....everyone is fully capable of...."pictures or it didn't happen"

Great job Vertical Scope.!

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,213 Posts
Except, I don't do internet on my phone other than looking something up on the jobsite (old fart's disease).

So for me at least, that's pretty much irrelevant. I still have to transfer pics from my phone to the desktop.

I do love that you can now copy/paste images into your post. Would be the cat's meow if you could crop them after pasting.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
5,035 Posts
Except, I don't do internet on my phone other than looking something up on the jobsite (old fart's disease).

So for me at least, that's pretty much irrelevant. I still have to transfer pics from my phone to the desktop.

I do love that you can now copy/paste images into your post. Would be the cat's meow if you could crop them after pasting.
You can't crop them after pasting but you can make them smaller by clicking the image and dragging the edge inward.

Reactions: Dirtywhiteboy

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
17,456 Posts
You can't crop them after pasting but you can make them smaller by clicking the image and dragging the edge inward.
Wow :oops: the pic can be drag&drop too?
IMG_20200328_111609739.jpg

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
17,456 Posts
Yup drag&drop too. Why does it post 2 pics every time I click full image?

·
Administrator
Community Manager
5,035 Posts
Because you don't need to click the full image. It was already there by default.

Reactions: Dirtywhiteboy

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
17,456 Posts
Testing

161 - 176 of 176 Posts