Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 176 Posts

·
Administrator
Community Manager
5,035 Posts
Seems to me that the only thing we need now is reward points. Those kids need us next year!
Although we can certainly challenge each other to collect toys for local toy drives next year, at this time there is no plan to bring back the Rewards program.

It would be fun to have a challenge thread and share pictures of what we dropped off for the kids. :)

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
5,019 Posts
Has the "Joined Date" and "Number of Posts" always been under the avatar or did that just update?
On a mobile it’s off to the side, on a laptop its under, just like the old site.

When the new forum went live, I logged off, cleared the cache, and logged back in

I haven’t had any issues with it, besides a TON of ads that made loading slow.

The premium upgrade has taken care of that. 👍

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,213 Posts
Has the "Joined Date" and "Number of Posts" always been under the avatar or did that just update?
Been there. I never saw it missing.

I'd prefer that the member's location also show without having to hover over the avatar. Of course, I'd also prefer that more members would enter their location in the first place.

·
Design Build
4,611 Posts
Site is great................but what's with Canada at the bottom of the page?

VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada
:oops:

·
Administrator
Community Manager
5,035 Posts
Site is great................but what's with Canada at the bottom of the page?

VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada
:oops:
It is simply where the home office is. Nothing has changed. VS has owned the site for something like 6 years.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
5,035 Posts
Tips For Signatures

You can choose how you see signatures.
  • You can decide to see full signatures.
  • You can decide to see truncated signatures and click to see more.
  • You can decide not to see signatures at all.
How To Create A Signature

Your signature can include up to 4 lines, a maximum of 1000 characters, and one external link. An image counts as a line. Anytime you hit "enter" on your keyboard, it will automatically go to a new line. Images will automatically be resized to 300 x 200 pixels. You can see more options in your settings to collapse signatures, always view full signature, or to not see signatures at all. The choice is yours.

Both guests and members can view signatures.

If a user has their preferences set to the default they will see collapsed signatures as in the example below for them. (They can click to see more.)

If a user has their preferences set to always show expanded signatures it will look like the example below for them. Your image can be clicked to view full size.

If you want to adjust your preferences for signatures you can click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select account settings.

In the left side navigation, you will see an option for preferences. Click it.

Scroll down to content options and select your signature preferences.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
The keyboard interface with iOS is screwed up ever since the change over. Must be they want everyone to switch to a RIM device.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
5,035 Posts
The keyboard interface with iOS is screwed up ever since the change over. Must be they want everyone to switch to a RIM device.
I use an iPhone and a MacBook Pro, along with a desktop PC and I have not noticed keyboard issues.

Do you have more information on this? Is your device fully updated? Your browser?

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
iOS 14.1.
it spell corrects wrong, capitalizes words in the middle of the word, backspaces super slow. capitalizes the first word in a sentence maybe 50% of the time. None of these problems anywhere but here. Other stuff I can’t think of right now.

·
Administrator
Community Manager
5,035 Posts
iOS 14.1.
it spell corrects wrong, capitalizes words in the middle of the word, backspaces super slow. capitalizes the first word in a sentence maybe 50% of the time. None of these problems anywhere but here. Other stuff I can’t think of right now.
We don't have a built-in spell check in the forum software. I am using the same version of iOS. Which browser are you using?

·
Radical Basement Dweller
18,771 Posts
One thing...no big deal.

"Off Topic" is a pretty popular area of CT but yet it's last on the list of forums. Seems like Classifieds, Site Supporter and Forum Support areas could be last instead of before "Off Topic".

·
Administrator
Community Manager
5,035 Posts
For sections of the community that have special importance to you, go to the forum section and click "Follow Forum".

You will see a list of options open for your preferences. Add a checkmark to your preferred options. Click Follow at the bottom.

Your Followed Forums will display at the top of the full Forum Listing page.

Reactions: Robie
141 - 160 of 176 Posts