Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All glad I found this forum. looking for a good commercial roofing contract, this year my commercial work has picked up but still using residential contrats
Thanks
Youngroof

·
Registered
174 Posts
Try your state roofing contractors ass'n. I also think that NRCA has some...they probably cost at NRCA though. nrca.net

Jim

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen a roofing contract that the roofer provided to me on a commercial job. We've always provided the contract to the roofer.
Power to you if you can get a GC to sign yours - I've just never seen it.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Commercial doesn't necessarily mean through a GC Hatchet. BTW I have made it my new policy to not sign anyones contract if they won't sign mine... and mine has a clause that says this agreement superceeds all others.

Commercial simply means properties used for commercial purposes. This includes re-roofs.

·
Commercial Roofing
1,220 Posts
Hatchet, one more reason to hate gc's.

I write my own roofing contracts and have the lawyer give them the twice over and he tells me if I have left anything out that needs to be in there, and I have had my contracts signed by gc's. Mine also supercedes all others.

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
I believe in squeezing just as much as I have to. Most of the time the squeezing comes about from something as simple as manpower. I don't like to push unless it's absolutely necessary. I do quite a bit of pre-construction planning with subcontractors so they know full well what needs to be done and in what timeframe. If they look like they aren't going to make it then I start pushing. It's no different than what the owner does to me or what trade contractors do to their second tier subs.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Also again I'd like to point out that commercial roofign doesn't necessarily mean new construction or that a GC is involved because on re-roofs the roofer can and often times does deal direct with the customer.

Just trying to pull this topic back on track.

·
Commercial Roofing
1,220 Posts
I like when they wawnt a waiver before the check clears...LOL LMAO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.