Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Quick intro. We're a plastering company based north west England. Cover all wet plaster and dry wall systems. All cscs & ipaff trained. Small projects to large contract so carried out. We are now networking to full UK. We are a ltd company fully insured and experienced on site.
Thank you for the taking the time to read and we hope to to talk and network with all.

Regards Mr phil davey

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi

Welcome. Do you do restoration work on old lime plasters?
Hiya yes I do. We are in the UK though. If your after advise on lime plaster restoration work please give us more detail and I will do my best. I've worked on some grade 2 listing heritage property's dating back to early 1600's.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Hiya yes I do. We are in the UK though. If your after advise on lime plaster restoration work please give us more detail and I will do my best. I've worked on some grade 2 listing heritage property's dating back to early 1600's.
We've done a few tiny restoration projects and some new lime plaster work, including a bit of tadelakt as well as more straightforward stuff. There are very few plasterers around here who have any experience with lime plasters - the hay-bale/lime render movement helped for a while but seems to be fading. I'll definitely ask for advice when we get to our next job.

What's your source for hydraulic limes?

- Bob

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We've done a few tiny restoration projects and some new lime plaster work, including a bit of tadelakt as well as more straightforward stuff. There are very few plasterers around here who have any experience with lime plasters - the hay-bale/lime render movement helped for a while but seems to be fading. I'll definitely ask for advice when we get to our next job.

What's your source for hydraulic limes?

- Bob
Hi bob. It is great to keep tradition with old lime plasters and motors. I personall found locally as English heritage is in the art of our location.i love working with lime. I use a lime source locally very high calcium fresh source singletons birch. I use different ratios in mix due to variable jobs I get.. The lime plaster jobs are defiantly fading there course here in uk. Please note bob I always use lime in undercoat render 3 to 1 ratio and finish I throw 5 kg lime per 20kg skimming.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts