Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can anybody help me with bidding on commercial work?
I am interested in what my bid should look like.
Is there a certain way it should be written up?
I do residential painting and would like to include commercial work in the future.
hotels,restaurants,etc.
Thx for any help.

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
Most often on commercial work they will give you a form to provide your bid on - called a bid form. Often the bid form is attached to a document called instructions to bidders which will outline all the project specifics.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Peace steel

I mixed commercial in with my work about 4 years ago. Mostly apartment complexes.
You should treat the bid the same as your residential. Except for the providing of insurance binders and lean waivers.

If your hand writing your bids, you should check into Proventure invoice software. Very professional and neat. It will even caculate 30/60/90 and late fees for you. It has a ton of little extras that help with commercial business.

Peace

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am trying to learn how to bid

I am currently starting my own buisness and I want to know how to bid residen property do I charge by the square footage and what about 2 colors in one room ? what do I charge per square foot or is it a set price :rolleyes:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Anointed Hands said:
I am currently starting my own buisness and I want to know how to bid residen property do I charge by the square footage and what about 2 colors in one room ? what do I charge per square foot or is it a set price :rolleyes:
Estimate hrs to do the job ,divide that by number of helpers you have and times that number by hourly wage and add materails. :Thumbs:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think what he is asking is how much more shoudl he bid. I am having the same dilemma. For commercial work I know the painting is much more complex. They want you to paint some metal parts, they want different colors of paints in the rooms, some even take wallcoverings, and the doors are usually metal doors. Some even want some parts of the garage included. I am thinking of just asking for a specs sheets and looking at labor and material hours. I would take it the same way as a residential bid, you know square footage and whatnot, but add extra costs and such. anyone got any other suggestions?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts