Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We moved in April of 04, so I noticed this at the end of last winter 05. This is a comfortmaker GDE 100F 14A2 in about a 1500 or 1600sq ft ranch house in Indiana.I thinj the furnace is a 2000 model not sure. The probllem is about the flame going out during the heatin cycle. The thermostat will call for heat, ( not sure of exact sequence ) the small fan comes, the fire ignites then the large fan comes on. Then during the heating cycle the flame goes out before the house reaches the set temperature, but both the fans will continue to run and then in a few seconds the flame comes back on. This does it two or three times during the heating cycle. I called a heating company to come out and aall he done was change a wire sop the house fan would run as fast for winter as summer. He didnt check anything else. The problem was their for the few weeks left in last winter. I wanted to get it checked before this winter starts. So I was wondering does anyone feel that this is a problem??

Thanks for Replys.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The furnace is over heating and the limit switch is shutting down the burners until it reaches a safe operating temperature, then letting the burners to start. This will happen until the thermostat is satified. It could be gas pressure, the unit is to big for the home, the duct system is to small, or any combination of all three.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts