Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Even though it is a totally legitimate business and the PAL kid sponsor thing is a great cause. All the flashing lights and lit-up links, as well as the Visa/Mastercard logos near the top I think subconsciously make people uneasy..Some aspects of it look similar to pages offering to download a free e-book or something where its like a game of minesweeper trying to avoid the bad links... I know it's hard to find the balance between lots of words for the SEO bots to find, but still have a nice page for real humans to look at too, but i think maybe dial it back just a little bit. Some good stuff too though, the large banner with the scrolling photos is nice, and the link bar across the very top as well.. see if you could make that be always visible as you scroll down the page. Just my $.02

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Ernie,

I agree with the above gentlemen on the overall statement that less is really more. When I came to your website, I was a bit confused on where to look first. It is quite clear to me that you really do do almost EVERYTHING for the exterior of my home. However, to the untrained eye, it just looks like a blur or home improvement services. Perhaps adding an overall value statement for your business, as well as making the site more informative for the customer.

It looks like your site is responsive so that is great as many home improvement customers are searching on platforms like an ipad or phone rather then just a computer.

Another thing I would look at is working with your google maps location, so that on a mobile site, a customer would be able to pull up your location if they are in route to your showroom.

Finally, my last comment would be possibly consider changing the black background. A lot of web design gurus have shown that changing the background of a website to a lighter color with bolder and darker call to action text can really improve lead conversion.

Hope this information helps! Keep up the good work on your site!

·
Ace Quality Painting
19 Posts
For a minute I thought I was visiting a spam website. All those graphics seem a little too cluttered. It's hard to navigate visually. There is some load time as well. Check out our website. Cheers.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
It looks like a website that would pop up when I was visiting some questionable p0rn site.

·
Been around
1,164 Posts
I don't think it's quite as over the top as all that.

I think the services in the header flashes too quickly. Annoyingly so.

Slow the speed on that down, make the PAL flash right next to the testimonials flash both static and I think it looks OK. Having the flashing button at the bottom of the page is far enough away that it isn't bothersome, actually it promotes some interest toward the bottom of the page.

I like the real life background photos against the large type promoting various services, and the font in that box really appeals to me.

·
AmCraft Manufacturing
31 Posts
Great Elements! But...

Great elements, but they are all in the same area... there are two sliders on top of each other, which distracts the end user. Less is more, in the world of animated GIFs and pictures... Carefully place the items so that it does not overwhelm the eyes of an end user.

Roseann
W | www.amcraftindustrialcurtainwall.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
Site is pretty cluttered. Not very clear what you do at first glance. You have to watch it scroll through all the slides to figure it out. I think you will lose lots of visitors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts