Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking everywhere...I can't seem to find it anywhere. What I am looking for is a holster for my combination square...All it is is a piece of leather that fits on my tool belt with a piece of stamped galvanized metal attached so I can slip the ruler into it...anyone?...:blink:

·
Carbon Dioxide Producer
782 Posts
You, know, I never would have guessed what a pain it is to find one of those today, but it appears to be just that.
No luck finding the nice ones with the steel plate, most now seem to be made of either leather only or ballistic nylon.
When I searched for combination square holder, these are the only things that came up.

Toolbarn: http://www.toolbarn.com/occidental-5014.html
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Dog-7001...f=sr_1_17?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1289675324&sr=1-17

Maybe you could get one of these and just cut a slot in the bottom of it.
Irwin Knife Holder: http://www.toolbarn.com/irwin-4031018.html

·
Carbon Dioxide Producer
782 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Turns out a reproduction holster for a Mauser c-96 fits a starret combo square great.

I have been looking everywhere...I can't seem to find it anywhere. What I am looking for is a holster for my combination square...All it is is a piece of leather that fits on my tool belt with a piece of stamped galvanized metal attached so I can slip the ruler into it...anyone?...:blink:
Wood Gas Beige Fashion accessory Leather

·
Registered
2 Posts
So your first post is on a 11 year old thread with a pic of a holster that can't be found.
It sure is. The same problem for a combination holster still exists and the thread is pretty high in google search results when I was looking so it's still relevant.

As for "can't be found".

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
It sure is. The same problem for a combination holster still exists and the thread is pretty high in google search results when I was looking so it's still relevant.

As for "can't be found".
Well that was pretty dumb not posting the link to begin with and no searching Google doesn't make the thread relevant 11 years later..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Pop rivets and some tin and leather........ it isn't a Swiss watch....... maybe copy the wore out one?

add a pocket magnet to retain the square when upside down....

I always though framing carpenters using a machinist square were a little anal in general.... my 2 cents.

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
Does anybody still use a combination square? A speed square is more useful.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
Sure. I use them. I love the tiny Empire one for finish work.

But not enough to use a holser for one.

Then again, I hardly wear nail bags anymore, unless I'm siding or framing.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts