Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a little late to post, as I am having this installed on 4-21, but what is your opinions of this flooring.
I watched a segment about them on TOH, where they went thru the manufacturing process.
What impressed me especially is that they add 3 layers of silica, I think, that is a protector against wear.
I ordered the Natural color Sherman Oak floor. It is a 3 layer. @ 3.29/sq ft.
The floor is glue down, not a floating floor.

I had to have a contractor install it as I am now disabled to the point of not being able to do it myself. A year ago and a half ago I would have been the one putting it down.

I have a contractor that is charging for 250 ft of installation, even thou he is bringing in 275 ft of material. This guy is decent as it is my understanding that the "normal" installer will charge an installation price for every foot they bring to the site. They charge installation for the extra floor they bring in where or not they install it or not. This guy charges installation for what he installs only. Not a large sum of money, but the principal of the idea matters a lot to me.

But back to the floor, what is your opinion of this brand.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I don't work with that floor, so I have no idea, but as far as the installer, that was very nice for him to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts