Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought a ridgid collated screw gun today, my question is are the worth it? A buddy of mine called and needs me to hang some board for him, but the catch is i have to start tomorrow, and im swamped. The price was right, but i couldnt find anyone to work in the evening but one guy who is a slow screwer. Yes im shoving this hang in in the evenings. So i thought this might make up some time any thoughts?

·
Box Builder
6,317 Posts
The least you can do is try it out. Can't screw into corners well. If you miss a screw or don't sink it all the way, you have to go back with a different screw gun to set it. I have a Senco, and use it for drywall, strapping, and screwing down radiant heat climate panel. I find it really shines when doing drywall on the ceiling. The longer screws are tough to get perpendicular to the working surface.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
madmax718 said:
so how was it? My ebay cordless one arrived today.
I like mine a lot worked great for lids, It takes some getting used to but I'm used to a dewalt. I def learned not to put it away with screws left in it! Most of my jobs are fairly small but I hang commercial at my real job and I could see the time saved screwing would make up for the cost in screws. And for lids man does it make it nice

·
Pro
2,138 Posts
x3 on the Senco

x2 carrying a cordless screwgun to sink the corners and the "shiners".

Works great for the lids, as you said.

·
commercial
124 Posts
I like mine a lot worked great for lids, It takes some getting used to but I'm used to a dewalt. I def learned not to put it away with screws left in it! Most of my jobs are fairly small but I hang commercial at my real job and I could see the time saved screwing would make up for the cost in screws. And for lids man does it make it nice
x2

and it also works well to put down some sub floors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I see this topic is already well covered and finished, but as a new member I wanted to get my feet wet, and just maybe add something useful. I love the Ridgid collated screw guns, I own a few of the cordless versions. Anyhow, I'm guessing everyone is already well aware of it and the benefits, but I always recommend registering for the LSA. Well worth the effort, and it makes Ridgid tools one of the better investments you can make in tools in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
welcome aboard! They no longer sell it at HD, and I got it off EBAY- the LSA only works when you purchase new from HD, and then you have a very small window to register.

BTW, the nose piece changes, do they matter?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts