Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Cole

Cole:

Was laid up in Dallas last night at the Omni Mandulay in Irving. Could not find restaurant you recomened. Texas Road house. Would that be the Texas Road house restaurant in Grand Praire,Texas. Only thing I seen in phone book.

I ended up eating at The Capital Grille. 500 Crescent Court Dallas. Very nice steak restaurant but little pricey.

Would highly recomend the hotel laid up in. Anyone reading this thinking about going to dallas. Don't hesitate to stay at Omni Mandulay in Irving. Big out door pool. Very nice rooms with minibars. Nice work out room in hotel. Massage therapist in hotel on call. Located about 10 minutes from DFW. Free internet access in rooms as you can see. Also free video games on TV.

Cole could you please re advise where the Texas Road house is located. I'm disappoint I couldn't find what you were talking about. Will check out next time in dallas.

Well have to go just got call van is here to transport to airport so I'm out of Dallas. Hopefully in air at 7Am heading for east coast.

Cole 21 if you could verify address of your Texas road house restaurant i will definately check out next time in town. :Thumbs:

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I have always stayed at the Hilton. Excellent Tex-Mex restaurant right down the street, can't remember the name but I know where it is (one of those age related things). They have 7 salsas and I like hot stuff, #4 is about right for me. I don't want to think about #7

·
Premium Member
6,938 Posts
747 - why didnt you send me a message? I would have taken you to eat at it.

What did you eat when you were at The Capital Grille?

I usually get the Dry Aged Sirloin Steak.

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Cole it was memorial day when laid up in Dallas. i figured you probably had plans with family members. The waitress recomended exactly what you said the aged sirloin steak. Check with Tip for one was under 60 dollars. No drinks don't drink anymore. Anyway a couple guys i no are all jamed up in teeter state for trying to fly when they came back from a restaurant after having a couple of drinks. Tom and Chris to be exact. They fly for america west. Unfornuately there case is getting media attention which is bad. I think there on trial in Miami. I feel sorry for them. I don't know them personally but I have seen them in airport lounge. This is the place pilots like myself go when we fly into airport on one plane but that plane will then change cockpit crew to fly elsewhere usually international. Now were waiting for a few hours to get in cockpit to fly somewhere else. Example thats what i'm doing at this moment. In ewr newark lounge will be taking off at 11 Am came in at 8 am.

TEETOR DON'T GET MAD AT ME BUT I WOULD NEVER SPEND MY OWN MONEY TO STAY AT A HILTON. WHY? I THINK HILTON IS OVER RATED FOR THE PRICE YOU PAY. I've stayed in Hiltons and when asked how much they charge for room I'm staying in. I thought to myself noway would I pay that for this room. I have never stayed at Hilton in Dallas your talking about. However if you ever get back to Dallas and Stayed at Hotel I listed in First post on this thread. You would be in room on laptop posting two thumbs way up 747.

COLE 21 THE REASON WhyCHECK WAS HIGH A THAT RESTAURANT FOR ONE PERSON WAS BECAUSE I SPLERGED ON DESERT. DON'T REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS CALLED BUT IT WAS AWESOME. SOME FANCY CHOCOLATE SOMETHING OR ANOTHER :Thumbs: Cole I seen about a year ago on a show when laid up in a hotel houses in Texas built out of cement. I thought they looked awesome and I know they were really strong. Do you have any first hand knowledge on these types of homes because nobody in Northern Illinois builds homes out of cement. I was wondering how much more expensive are homes built out of cement. Here is what i seen before i go. They put up these styrofoam forms with like windows already cut out and doors. They pump concert in them. Aparently they remain as insulated concrete structure. Well have to go.

747 :Thumbs:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts