Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's the black lined Carhart's today - put the red one's away for a month. At 10 degrees, the diesels get hard to wake up too (I know Bob, I know :cheesygri ).

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
You're complaining about 10 degrees???

Try -21 deg. C! That's -7 deg. F for most of you guys!!!

The brass monkey's balls are officially frozen!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DecksEtc said:
Try -21 deg. C! That's -7 deg. F for most of you guys!!!
See? If you used the 'right' scale it'd be 14 degrees warmer there today! :cheesygri

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
minus 7 is all ya got?

actually we are pretty temperate here, but it can dip pretty low sometimes.
-40 rarely....

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
As good an idea as that is, it really doesn't help! My van screamed at me when I started it this morning and it didn't warm up until I'de been on the road for 1/2 hr.

FYI, the windchill factor has us sitting somewhere between -33 and -40 deg. C!!!

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Freezing here too! Currently 65 F, had to put on long pants again....long sleeve shirt too....and SOCKS!

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
Teetor, you're just plain spoiled!

Believe it or not it was actually 65F in Toronto last Thursday. And, people were out wearing shorts!!! Us Canadians are tough!

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I am not spoiled! I grew up in the Bahamas and I'm FREEZING!
OK, maybe a little bit.
Deck's, I have a friend in Timmons, know where it is? According to him it's -27C there. I feel for him, he just left here.
I used to go to St. Catharines on a regular basis and see people in shorts and tee's when it was 45F. My suitcase was empty, I was wearing everything.

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
LOL, Teetor! Timmons, yes I know where it is - I've driven through a couple of times. -27C doesn't surprise me. I'm pretty close to Lake Ontario so it's generally balmy here compaired to Timmons. My step-sisters live in Winnipeg and it was -33C a few weeks back.

I know, Flor, it doesn't compare to your lows. The problem here is that 4 days ago it was +18C and then it's -24C today. Talk about crazy...

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Decks, I have stood on the shores of Lake Ontario and watched blocks of ice the size of freight cars float by. I also thanked god that I was going home!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"I can't go back to America soon, so goddamn cold it's gonna' snow until June. Yeah they're freezing up in Buffalo, stuck in they're cars, and I'm lying here 'neath the sun and the stars." - Jimmy Buffett

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Where are you Pipe? Havana Daydreamin'?
One of my brothers just bought a hotel in Costa Rica, may soon be my winter headquarters.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Teetorbilt said:
Where are you Pipe? Havana Daydreamin'?
Just sittin' here listn' to the coconut telegraph - findin' out who said this and that.

Costa Rica huh? There's somethin' to shoot for :Thumbs:

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Equitorial. Small temp change, rainy season, 100% humidity, howler monkeys, parrots. He's going to have high speed access before I go there!
400 meters from the Pacific Ocean, white sand beaches, fine fishing, screw computers!

·
Electrical Contractor
744 Posts
If we were not all crazy we would go insane!

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Pipe, just out of curiosity, what are the Carhart's that you refer to? Heaters?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
JBFAN - Just about gettin' there today - God I hate snow. Weather like this leaves me lookin' back on my background, trying to figure out how I ever got here. Somethings are still a mystery to me while others are much too clear. ;)

I like Teetor's plan - just livin' in the sunshine -stay'n contented most of the time :Thumbs:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts