Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About time to side and roof the shed thats been built for a year :eek:. I'm sure others have thought of this also but I've had this idea for a few years to have no nails showing and havent had the chance to try it out on any real jobs so decided to see how it'll work out and come up with a plan with some junky coil stock a HO gave me.

I plan on filling out the facia with wood so its not so hollow and prolly building down the front facia so the gable facia comes to a point on the end rather than being snipped and bent flat on the bottom.

Seems to me it would be better but in case I'm missing somthing with ice damming or somthing, you guys see any problem with the drip edge part going straight down like that instead of returning to the facia then kicked out?

Attachments

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
looks like a cool idea:thumbup:but if a gutter goes on top of it it kind of defeats the no face nail thing but nice piece of brake work there

·
Super Moderator
10,673 Posts
the thing kinda looks like a gutter. Wouldn't it be neat to incorporate a gutter in that design somehow?
You better get to work on that right now. Hope this doesn't sound sarcastic but you wouldn't believe how many times I have thought of a clever idea and later saw it manufactured. That sounds like a good idea to me. Gonna go out in my garage now and wipe the cobwebs off of the brake.

·
Lack Of All Trades
1,232 Posts
You better get to work on that right now. Hope this doesn't sound sarcastic but you wouldn't believe how many times I have thought of a clever idea and later saw it manufactured. That sounds like a good idea to me. Gonna go out in my garage now and wipe the cobwebs off of the brake.
I'll race you to it, buddy!:laughing:

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
.019 aluminum in 10' sections is just the thing to have gallons of water and ice sitting in :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nice break work though. Would like to see how clean it looks at a seam though. I think Tom had the best idea for nail less facia. I still haven't had time to try it out though

Reactions: Tom Struble

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
If you had gutter in it then you strap the top to the roof deck under the roof then the screws into facia board inside the gutter area. What I use for metal isnt as elaborate as you have but it combines facia and gutter in 1 pc and woorks well to hide the ridges and soffit as well.

·
Registered
101 Posts
what if you incorporated the gutter inside the facia. put some type of gutter guard on top to keep debri out and fab a gutter system. looks like you have some room in their to play around with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts