Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had Smart electrician COB led burned. Checked with voltmeter. It turn out it is replaceable and new ones are 4$ per piece. Only new will be 4K instead of 2K lumens. Look forward to play with led chips. Just head up.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At my 2 years old Work lamp from Menards. Suppose to last 50 000 hours or 50 years. Didn't happen. Screws holes are exactly same spacing and I know play with crimp connectors for what will need. Both old and new chip has driver on board. It is electric circuitry that make direct current to LED. Will see how will it work regard heat as new one is 50W and old one, I guess was 30w. Per this guy it is some new way of COB Led.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
17,702 Posts
Fascinating :oops:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It is here and it work. Possible to do. But I'm not happy 100% because connectors are bs. Broke one and I even do not have idea how it work, second "work" look like. Do not know why they didn't do it properly. It is not ready go as I need heat sink paste and will se how it will work regard heat in general as new light is 4000 lumens compared to 2000 before. But definitely approach is right. Photo nr 1 can not show right amount of light. It is really massive. I think I connected it right first time. Connected red where is letter L (live I guess) and white where is letter N (neutral I guess). I know Led do not work if you do not connect correctly. Probably will run some Led strips in my small car when I will not have anything better to do. It will not happen any time soon. Need to learn soldering, period.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts