Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m not a contractor but thought this was the best place to ask my question as I’ve done days of research with no clear answer. We have a concrete block walled garage with 10’ walls that needs serious help. The walls have settled over the years and have cracked and separated, I’ll post pics as soon as I can. There are 3 garage doors on the front, a man door on the one side and man door on back. The sections between the garage doors has drifted significantly. My question is how do I bring it back square and or stop it from worsening. We need to replace the roof badly but thought we would like to add a loft/apartment above the old structure if possible. Any help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
17,902 Posts
If you have 2 man doors how do the women get in:censored:

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
5,435 Posts
Hire a contractor.

Forget about “getting 3 bids”, that won’t help you.

Talk to your neighbors, friends, family, and get a referral.

If you see a project that impresses you, call that builder.

Don’t expect free design work. An hour or so consultation that the builder does not charge you for is great.

If there is mutual desire to go ahead with some ideas, be prepared to pay for design work and cost planning.

Be wary on any contractor who is willing to shoot off a bid without any plans and specs. Chances of you getting built what you wanted are slim, and chances of a poor outcome for both you and the builder are probable.

As I’m sure you read when you signed up, this is a pros only site.

And the problem you have is not something that can be diagnosed over the internet.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
^^^ Hire a qualified contractor & open your wallet. This forum or any other for that matter can’t do chit for you sight unseen. If your shopping for the lowest bid, expect what you pay for.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,538 Posts
Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.