Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,053 Posts
Now I have to figure out how to keep my damn foot warm in this stupid boot.
Well, you could play Long John Silver. Wear a parrot on your shoulder, shove the foot up a warm spot, and make a peg leg. :jester:

Seriously, really sorry to hear that. It's tough enough to keep flailing away at this stuff when you're 100% physically. Just don't push it so hard that you delay the healing. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
440 Posts
glad im not the only one with grizzly looking feet :thumbsup: but seriously glad to hear your okay.. and i dont blame you ill never duct tape my redwings :no:

·
Working
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
glad im not the only one with grizzly looking feet :thumbsup: but seriously glad to hear your okay.. and i dont blame you ill never duct tape my redwings :no:
That is how you know you work for a living and aren't a desk jockey.:laughing:

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
you called the wife in.. now youll never hear the end of it :no::no:
If he had his chainsaw with-in reaching distance he may have taken a different alternative.:laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Wish you luck, especially with the big toe. A few years ago, I was working on a mower. This meant getting up and down several times. Once while getting up, I heard/felt my right knee grind. Later that evening it was sort of sore. I told my wife I think I hurt my knee. Man, did it get sore! Anyway, the next mornig when I got up, I stepped on a toothpick with my right foot. In the process of getting off the toothpick, I think bent the big toe joint too far. Gave me a fit for a long time along with the knee. Surprising how important the big toe is for walking.

·
Working
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
First day really back at work. One week after it happened was able to make it 6 hours on it before I gave in. The damn thing gets really cold nd yes that is a plastic bag on it.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
First day really back at work. One week after it happened was able to make it 6 hours on it before I gave in. The damn thing gets really cold nd yes that is a plastic bag on it.
You musta killed all the nerves if you worked outdoors like that all day, negative windchills all day and ambient temps in the negative wearing THAT outside??:laughing:

·
Working
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
You musta killed all the nerves if you worked outdoors like that all day, negative windchills all day and ambient temps in the negative wearing THAT outside??:laughing:
Never said I was that smart. LOL I had to do some thing was sick and tired of the indoors. Was only outside for 3 hours or so the rest of the time was inside.

Cole

·
Registered
440 Posts
and i thought my feet were cold today :rolleyes:

·
Working
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Man this stupid foot still hurts real bad after working on it. Feels a little sore in the morning but not bad, but by the end of a day I have a good limp and a lot of pain.

Tired of this crap.

Cole

·
Super Moderator
11,946 Posts
Ask loneframer to send you a slice of the pizza he ate tonight!:clap:

Seriously, do what the doc says. If you stress it too much it will go on for eons. Frustrating as it might be, let it heal.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Boy. Why is it that we get hurt doing the things that we have done a thousand times.

One moment of thoughtlessness.

Glad this one worked O.K.

I hate it when I have to call someone to witness my moment of stupidness.--MIKE--

I always try to stay aware of what I'm doing. When I'm using a table saw, or a router, I'm always thinking "Do I have any loose clothing that could get caught up?" and I'm always aware of where the danger zone is. When I'm up on a roof, I'm always thinking, "If I slip, how will I catch myself." That said, a trailer could easily catch me by surprise because I'd feel so safe dealing with it.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Recently, while trying to get comfortable at the desktop, I was trying to prop my feet on the wall with then crossed. Wife was always getting on to my son and I for this. This was the next to the last room I gutted and redone this past year. I also installed laminate flooring and put new rollers on the desk chair. The chair rolls really easy, easier than it did on the old carpeting.
As was streched out to reach the wall with my shorarsed legs, I only had like the top of my but on the edge of the chair. I only had socks on my feet and they started sliding down the wall. There was a couple of boxes of something stored against the wall where my feet were. I thought my feet would slide down to the boxes and I would stop sliding. Well, they did, but as my feet were slidingdown the wall, the chair and I were rolling back. When my feet reached the boxes with me in an almost lying on my back position, the chair shot out from under me and across the room. I hit the floor on the top of my but and lower part of my back hard!
This was one of them instances where you know you will prolly get up okay, but it can't be good. Its like you know the effects may be delayed, but you are likely to have trouble form it. This was before Chrismas, and I am still not over it. I think I done something to an already not perfect back. Sometimes when I sneeze, it hurts my lower back, and if I sit very long, it may take a few steps to straighten up.
These things can definitely happen in one stupid blink of an eye.

·
Working
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
So Cole, how's the foot doing?
There is no bruiseing left, and under normal use it doesn't hurt. It hurt's when you forget you have a broken foot and kick a 2x4 into place. When your at the gas station and kick the ice of the mud flaps on the truck.

If I would stop doing that I wouldn't know it was injured.:thumbsup:

Cole

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,053 Posts
It hurt's when you forget you have a broken foot and kick a 2x4 into place.
BTDT, though not with a foot.

My main problem these days is forgetting that I'm not 25 any more, and heaving on something that fights back. With vengeance. :laughing:

Good to hear it didn't totally sideline you. :thumbsup:

21 - 40 of 40 Posts