Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Finish Carpenter
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forum seems slow so I will post this. Its a slam bang job...everything is just getting edge banded with veneer.... Used a router to plow the base and then just doubled up the back and cut little pieces on the 45 to create the "vertical" dados. I didn't want to bother with the table saw and a dado blade...:whistling

This was a test...but shows how it works and that I needed to add 1/2" to the dado length...

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Lots of clip boards.
For a doctor's office?

·
Finish Carpenter
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Not sure what your asking Matt, but I plowed the dados in the bottom with a trim router and a jig. Single layer of 1/2" Cherry.

The back is made up of two layers of 1/2" Cherry. The vertical 45* are applied the back layer. I used a stop block on the miter saw and cut 2 and some odd inch peices over and over again with 45* miters and applied them with glue and pins from the back. For the sake of $$$$$$$, I ripped the veneer off the scraps and re glued that back on the edges....kinda out of the way, but it worked.

On a side note, I put the price of a new Dado blade in the job....didn't need it so looks like I got me a free dado....if you want to look at it from that angle...lol

Thanks for the props guys....I am still in awe of so much of the work I see on here.

·
Finish Carpenter
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
oh...so it's solid... ok i get it

thought it was ply

No, its ply, none of that is solid cherry. I applied the vert. 45 and then put a solid veneer over it all so it looks solid. Yes, you can see the poplar veneer in the dados, but the stain made it is "like" color and the client didn't want to spend a fortune and will be more then happy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts