Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys use to make kitchen cabinet doors you have removed if you are going to reseal them?....Also what do you use to clean years of kitchen grease and dirt off before sealing...these are vainer doors with poly or varnish on them.

New cabinets aren't an option, this is a couple in their 80's on somewhat of a fixed income...and believe me if I could have convinced them to use someone else to paint them I would have. They trust me, I have done allot of work for them over the years. It's my good deed for the decade...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I have always cleaned with mineral spirits and 4 o steel wool. Final cleaning with alcohol and a rag.

If they are to be re varnished I'll use Minwax Wipe on Poly(after testing a spot)

·
Steve
317 Posts
If they are Euro Hinge, I mark each door by a number written in one of the hinge holes left when the hardware is removed. After writing the number, put masking tape in the hole to cover the number. After painting, take the tape off. Install the hinges and hang that door then move to the next one.

·
New and Remodel Carpentry
93 Posts
You can also do what backwoods said with regular hinged doors. Bul i would just pull the hinge and use a sharpie to write the number underneath where the hinge will be reinstalled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts