Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sewer latteral to run this week for another builder/friend of mine and he wants me to put the clean out in the crawl space. I always put the clean out out side about two foot away from the foundation using a wye and a 45. I do not like placing it in the basement or crawl space because if you have a blockage and have to use the clean out you end up with a crawl space full of **^% and you have to drag your clean out snake to the crawl space. So I am just curious what most of you guys like?

·
The Grand Wazoo
3,973 Posts
When I did service work a cleanout in a crawl usually prevented us from getting the machine into the crawl to access the CO, and we ended up digging outside to install a CO and making the CO in the crawl useless.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no idea why he wants it in the crawl space! Code? This is Wyoming half the state has no enforcement and no building departments. Not having code enforcement is not all its cracked up to be. I replaced a sewer latteral two weeks ago that in the last six feet ran uphill 3"s to the main and to clean it out you had to pull a toilet. Thanks for the answers and the the link.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a sewer latteral to run this week for another builder/friend of mine and he wants me to put the clean out in the crawl space. I always put the clean out out side about two foot away from the foundation using a wye and a 45. I do not like placing it in the basement or crawl space because if you have a blockage and have to use the clean out you end up with a crawl space full of **^% and you have to drag your clean out snake to the crawl space. So I am just curious what most of you guys like?
What I like is when a GC, HIRES A PROFESSIONAL PLUMBER THAT IS LICENSED PROPERLY for that kind of work. And why a wye, and 1/8 bend? A PROFESSIONAL PLUMBER would install a two way clean out. For rodding both directions.:w00t: Imagine that.:w00t:

·
Registered
838 Posts
They are often placed in crawlspaces around here, as much as the crawlspace might be full of sh## and hard to get to, there could be 2ft of snow and frozen ground. GMOD
Thanks Gene - Same here. I think it would depend on the area you live in. With all the snow we get around here "a Plumber" would be busy trying to "find" the cleanouts................

1 - 10 of 10 Posts