Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I got an email about it today. I'm going to wait a little bit since I don't really want the only one I'm pre approved for....hoping as it progresses they'll allow the business name rather than my current website name. They say once you accept it, you can't change it later.
One of these days....I plan to hire someone to at least change my site back over to my original main domain name/business name. Not something I wish to take on myself.

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you log in to your business page somewhere there it should tell you that you are approved for a real name for your page. My plowing page isnt up yet, but my other 3 pages were. Dunno.

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
Go to your G+ "about" page and their should be a button on top "get url" that will also show what name you're approved to change to.
This is pretty sad...I can't even find the about page :laughing: I swear I have looked for 10 minutes.

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
OK...I didn't reply because, well, because it still wasn't there. It finally came through and says "claim blah blah"

Only problem is that it is not something I like. It says "google.com/+SalmonFallsCabinetryWaterboro"

I don't want the "waterboro" part. Anyone know how I can get just the SFC part?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
OK...I didn't reply because, well, because it still wasn't there. It finally came through and says "claim blah blah"

Only problem is that it is not something I like. It says "google.com/+SalmonFallsCabinetryWaterboro"

I don't want the "waterboro" part. Anyone know how I can get just the SFC part?

I'm also trying to get "fairfield" taken off of my second offer. I didn't want the first offer and had read you could ask via their feedback. At the very bottom of the drop down box under the "home" button on your page you should find the "feedback" link. Write your concerns there and wait.......It took a few days for them to offer me that second choice but damn.....DonSheppardConstructionFairfield is an awful long vanity url if you ask me. It's closer than the first offer but I don't want the longer/location tag on there. I just used the feedback button again so I'll also be waiting to see if they respond again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts