Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I need 3 bids from contractors to be able to take action on a contractor that screwed my house up 2 years ago. I had work done, and it is/was not done up to code, from what Im told, and 90% of the work he did is gonna have to be ripped out and re done. I need a kitchen remodel, an upper bathroom remodel, a lower bathroom ripout and remodel, and the wiring fixed. The contractor that did the work did a shabby job. I had thought that things were ok in the lower bathroom part, but the pump for the septic makes a loud thump when it runs, the guy told me thats normal, that it would do that, signalling it is running fine, but Im finding out that it will eventually break and we will be screwed. I thought things were fine, but they are not, now. This other contractor gave me bids, never told me that the permits were not included in the prices, so now we need to redo everything. Also, a bid of what it would cost to move cabinets that are being used in kitchen now, to down stairs area to make kitchenette, with out stove down there. (sink, cabinets, counterspace, and kitchen type flooring,) I can rip up the carpet down there to put the flooring down.

I live in Tacoma, and need these bids as soon as possible. Need plumbing contractor, remodel contractor, need bids to include permit prices, material prices and labor prices.
My name is Amber and my email is [email protected] Send me an email with your phone number and I will call you when the time of day is appropriate.

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
Ron, not questioning the validity or convenience of it, just merely questioning if that is part of the CT forum....

Thinking outloud...could be wrong (probably).
Mark,
Don't know if you're wrong or not. If every little ceiling fan install was posted that's would litter things up pretty bad, but this is a little larger job and summarily passes the smell test.

Let's see how this ends up! Hope your Thanksgiving was good!

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I sent her an email. She probably won't respond as I explained that I charge for the highly detailed bids needed for legal action. Gee, I wonder how she got into this mess?:whistling

1 - 10 of 10 Posts