Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm actually using it on the Ryobi cordless miter saw, but curious what blade you guys might recommend for general light duty use (cutting trim, the occasional 2x4, etc).

·
Registered
943 Posts
Moze said:
I'm actually using it on the Ryobi cordless miter saw, but curious what blade you guys might recommend for general light duty use (cutting trim, the occasional 2x4, etc).
I have a little 7 1/4 miter (kobalt) and have had good results with Diablo and with Kobalts 40T blades.

Haven't had the saw long enough to say which lasts longer. But cuts are virtually the same with those two blades, fresh.

·
Registered
943 Posts
TBFGhost said:
I find most 7 1/4 blades to be WAY too thin for miter saw use. I have the koala 7 1/4 slider and I tried the kobalt blade. A 60 tooth Diablo and a Dewalt blade. It wasn't until I put a full kerf Oshlun blade on it that I could get acceptable cuts.
Acceptable cuts in...?

Just curious.

·
Livin the dream...
6,624 Posts
TBFGhost said:
I find most 7 1/4 blades to be WAY too thin for miter saw use. I have the koala 7 1/4 slider and I tried the kobalt blade. A 60 tooth Diablo and a Dewalt blade. It wasn't until I put a full kerf Oshlun blade on it that I could get acceptable cuts.
Yeah. Those 7-1/4 diablos are pretty thin for a miter saw.

·
Registered
71 Posts
In my circular saws I've used most of the vendor blades but I've had the best luck with Freud Diablos also. The guys actually brag about Freud Diablo blades. They cut quicker, easier, and don't loose teeth as much running into the occasional nail during demolition. I usually pick up a few when HD has a prepackaged 2 for 1 sale. We like them so much I'm planning on trying out their reciprocating saw blades next time I go to HD. I wished Lowes sold them since they are local & HD is 50 miles away.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you want to avoid chatter in hardwoods id recommend a non thin kerf blade.If its just 2x4s for the most part then a diablo thin kerf or one of the bosch daredevil blades would work.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,336 Posts
I buy every diablo blade on the shelf when HD has them two for one. I never pay more the 5 bucks a blade. Composite material is very hard on blades.

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
I buy every diablo blade on the shelf when HD has them two for one. I never pay more the 5 bucks a blade. Composite material is very hard on blades.
They haven't had that special in years around here, they used to do it once our twice a year and I'd usually have 5 left over by the time they did it again, but now I'm stuck paying full price.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
We like them so much I'm planning on trying out their reciprocating saw blades next time I go to HD. I wished Lowes sold them since they are local & HD is 50 miles away.
I tried a 20 pack of the Diablo reciprocating saw blades from HD when they were on sale.Did not think they held up well at all.I much prefer the Lennox.

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
6,799 Posts
They haven't had that special in years around here, they used to do it once our twice a year and I'd usually have 5 left over by the time they did it again, but now I'm stuck paying full price.
My two local yards have the 2 packs on sale quite abit of the time.

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
My two local yards have the 2 packs on sale quite abit of the time.
Our local lumber yards don't sell tools/accessories. Some sell nails and fasteners but I've never seen tools/bits/blades etc. We have a white cap but they're pretty uppity and are really geared to commercial contractors spending lots.

·
Finish Carpenter
4,999 Posts
Why not get them sharpened? It prob only a few bucks a blade. If you have that many then just send in a stack.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts