Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What did everyone get for Christimas?

My fiancé and daughter suprised me with a new rolair jc10, among a bunch of work pants and other awesome stuff

image-2270343690.jpg

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went to the tool store looking for a saw blade and they were with me. Mentioned I needed a new compressor and pointed out that I would buy that one lol

·
Registered
162 Posts
As far as tools go I received a Wixey digital angle guage and Irwin Marples chisel set. My favorite "tool" / toy I received was the 3DConnexion SpaceExplorer 3D Mouse though. Makes modeling in Sketchup a dream!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TBFGhost said:
I got a Bostitch Micro pinner and the Makita 4351FCT Jigsaw. I have not used the Makita yet, but it feels really solid...unlike the new Bosch ones. It also made in Romania...
Let me know how you like that makita, been thinking about ordering that over the bosch 572 but haven't been able to find one locally so it will have to be ordered

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I got a Bostitch Micro pinner and the Makita 4351FCT Jigsaw.

I have not used the Makita yet, but it feels really solid...unlike the new Bosch ones. It also made in Romania...

I bought that one last year, and have been very happy with it. I use it with the Collins Coping Foot. Mine was made in England, though, so it seems they have changed factories. Romania should be fine, though.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
tccoggs said:
I've got that exact one, too.

I think I got mine even cheaper than what it's listed for.

It doesn't work too bad. Keeps coffee relatively warm by the end of the day. The lid leaks a little bit, but I think that's expected.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Went to my parents last night for a Christmas get together. Got a set of the Dewalt countersink bits and a $150 visa card. I think I was more excited about the countersinks! It is just one of those things you need, but hate to spend the money on. I think those types of gifts are the best.

As for the gift card, trying to figure out what other M12 stuff I want to add to the box. Thinking the mini radio but I am not sure, the only turn off for that is the tiny power wire it uses. Also considering the right angle drill and jig saw but those items wont be used as much.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have the M12 radio and I love it. The only complaint is it is not loud enough for my crew. That is what I like about it. My cut man can actually hear me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts