Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking and planning out a Christmas light installation service.
It seems that to do this quick and cheap you just do the roof lines and some trees. Do you think one guy can do a regular small house in 2 hours? Would i have to pay them as roofer or regular construction job?

Anybody have experience in this please share. I am think a couple hundred homes.

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
6,133 Posts
Where are you located?

I know a guy in Orange County, CA. that will be looking for someone to hang his Christmas lights.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Do you really think he learn his lesson? :laughing:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think its a great idea. I think you need to do what the customer wants and charge accordingly. If you tell them you only do roof outlines and a tree ... might restrict your market audience.
I don’t think you could do it in 2 hours, unless you are using new out of the box lights. Thinking about my lights ... have to untangle them no matter how careful I was last year. Then check for bad bulbs.
And my house is “small” ... but it’s 2 stories.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
I am thinking and planning out a Christmas light installation service.

It seems that to do this quick and cheap you just do the roof lines and some trees. Do you think one guy can do a regular small house in 2 hours? Would i have to pay them as roofer or regular construction job?

Anybody have experience in this please share. I am think a couple hundred homes.

If you’re on the install side, you don’t want to do it quick and cheap. Quick maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
6,133 Posts
There is a guy around here that does it. He provides the lights and hangers. Does not seem to take him long. Put them up around Thanksgiving takes down first of the year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
Around here in Brooklyn NY/staten island some guys make a few 100k a season doing it. Google dyker heights Christmas lights

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
I know someone who does it an makes good money. Has a trailer with giant rolls of lights, does whatever customer wants, most times lights are disposed of at the end. Takes too long to roll up and store, time is money.

I believe minimum cost is $1500, some commercial buildings it’s $30k -$40k

A franchise here that also does it is Christmas Decor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts