Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I usually hand out chocolates and the customary bottle of wine or whisky (decent stuff) to my preferred customers, this year I was thinking of getting the wine labels made with my thank you card on them, would you consider this tacky or not.

Regards David

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
I'd prefer a bottle to have the original label on it.

Winery, vineyard, distiller etc...:thumbsup:

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
No alcohol

I would only send an alcoholic beverage if I was absolutely positive that my customer loved a specific drink and I would send only an expensive beverage that I know the customer would appreciate.

Alcohol would be my last choice and there are many better gifts. One year I sent my customers Christmas cards that were made with hand sewn cloth. The cloth cards were stuffed in the middle, fluffy, and were shaped like Christmas trees, bulbs, etc.. Almost every customer called to say the cards were the best they ever received in their lifetime and one woman was so happy she was crying (strange). The cloth cards cost about $3.50 to $7.00 each and they were something that people would tell their relatives and friends about.

The quality of the product and thought is most important. I would rather receive 1/2 pound of the best chocolates in the world rather than 10 pounds of crappy chocolates.

Good inexpensive gifts that most people love and can share with their families are chocolates and Poppycock. I think a very small percent of people drink wines. I receive alcohol as gifts every year and I immediately give the alcohol away. While the people giving me the alcohol are making a good gesture they are not giving something that I would consume.

Today, I received a handmade fruit basked and a tray of handmade brownies. The brownies are terrific and they have a very personal effect. Everyone knows I love fruit, but the problem with fruit baskets is I receive several of them and I immediately give them away because most of the fruit spoils too fast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts